Browsing below you will find some answers to frequently asked questions about the Grand Haven Offshore Challenge Fishing Tournament.
Q. What time is the captain's meeting and who must attend?
A. Registration is Thursday 5:00 PM and meeting starts at 7:00 above the Portobello restaurant. One person from each team must attend.
Q. Where is the Weigh In?
A. The Waterfront Stadium
Q. Where can we get boat slips?
- Grand Haven Municipal Marina: Reservations for the Grand Haven Municipal Marina can be made by calling the Municipal Marina at 616.8427.3478. For more details, please visit their website here - GH Municipal Marina
- Barrett Boat Works - www.barrettboatworks.com - 616.842.1202
- North Shore Marina - www.northshoremarina.com - 616-842-1488
- The Grand Haven Yacht Club - 616-846-6679
- Grand Isle - www.grandislemarina.com - 616-842-9330
Q. Where should we stay?
A. Stay at the Days Inn the Official Hotel of the Grand Haven Offshore Challenge
1500 S Beacon Blvd, US-31 & Robbins Rd, Grand Haven, MI 49417 - http://bit.ly/gyUTlp - 616-842-1999
Q. How Many rods can we run?
A. 9 Rods - Pro, Am and 24 & Under
Q. What time does the tournament start?
A. Fishing starts at 6:30 AM
Q. What time do we have to quit fishing?
A. You must be in the pier heads by 2:00 PM. You must cease fishing and retrieve all gear when you obtain your limit and go directly to the weigh in.
Q. Where can we get tackle and equipment?
- Lakeview Marine & Tackle - 24 S Beechtree St. Grand Haven, MI 49417 - www.lakeviewmarineandtackle.com - 616-842-2770
- Outdoorsman Pro Shop - 678 Baldwin Street, Jenison, MI 49428-9757 - www.outdoorsmenproshop.com - 616-457-3630
- Gold Coast Outfitters - 6755 Butternut Drive, West Olive, MI - www.goldcoastoutfitters.com - 616-786-9314
- Walgreens - Beacon & Jackson, 510 N Beacon Blvd, Grand Haven, MI 49417 - 616-850-9613
- Fish On Bait & Tackle - 13664 Cleveland Street (M104), Nunica, MI 49448 - www.fishonshop.com - 616-935-6985
Q. Where can we get boat parts?
- Marine Tech - 616-850-0566
- West Marine - 616-842-8960
Q. Where can we find a mechanic?
- Overboard Marine - 616-842-5340
- Slater Yacht Service - 616-844-7041